Good EVENING! Y’all I am coming to you with like 4 assignments left in my teaching program. HOLLA! I test on the 14th for my sped certification and if I pass I will be signing that teaching contract and start in JULY! Whoa. I can’t being to think in paragraphs so here is my traditional list.
- Real friendships don’t require maintenance. It’s nice to have a convo with your bff that you haven’t talked to in a few months and both are back to square one and realize life happens but friendship doesn’t change.
- My husband.. y’all. He went to the gas station for milk (I had a reaction so I was doped on benadryl and wasn’t leaving) and I asked him to get me something super yummy like sweet junk food. This man came home with a dark chocolate bar and ice cream. First of all, I do not eat ice cream. Secondly, I don’t like dark chocolate. We promptly had a conversation about how I fully expected some terrible gummy worms and reese’s and how he should know what I like to binge on. Third, I think maybe I should binge more so he will know what a girl likes?!
- Texas is hot as HELL, y’all. Like legit I saw 111 high on the window thermometer. What in the literal hell do y’all do in this heat? What do y’all wear in this kinda heat and how do you even wear makeup!? I won’t even mention forgetting deodorant is like a death sentence. I can barely deal in TX heat.
- Meal boxes. Let me begin by saying (which most of you know) I have a TON of food allergies. But I also have this severe hatred for the Kroger in Fort Worth. So, after searching for 3 hours one day for salmon (cuz a girl needs salmon) I was done. I signed up for a more allergy friendly box called sun basket. I got my order in on Monday (it literally weighed 60 lbs) and I just made one of the meals for lunch. Except I have found a problem. I order the meals and then I look at the recipes and Im like oh hell no I am not going to mix peas with stone fruit for a side. Matter of fact I can’t even eat peas so I am just going to eat that peach for breakfast. Long story short I have just been using the groceries with my own recipes. I am not sure that is the goal or whatever but I am pretty sure I am not going to keep getting it.
- Realtors. If you are one, great. But be a good one. I have wasted 7 months of our life paying mortgage payments on a house that wasn’t being sold. But the REAL problem was the anxiety that came with firing our realtor. I never thought I would freak out when I actually had to call and fire him. I was sweating and shakey. Why? Who even knows? But it went fine. He obviously didn’t get to counter b/c our contract was up so that was that. Our new realtor seems nice but when she sells our house she’ll be a gem. Tired tired of paying two mortgages y’all.
- 30 day challenge. W and I committed to doing 30 days without drinking. Aside from him cheating once on a coors on a work trip (who cheats with a coors light? fa real?) we DID it! I will tell you it’s the first time since I was young that I was sober for that many days straight. It was nice. Though I don’t know if thats accurate because I slept terrible (my anxiety is a beast) and I couldn’t settle at night. I was super productive during the day but I generally am so idk if that was a change or not. I kinda just wanted to know we could do it. The first two days I was kinda like oh this show would be more fun with wine but never was like I desperate for anything. We are both pretty hard headed and disciplined so it went by pretty fast. We even went to some bars while we were sober and didn’t drink! My “family” thought i was pregnant so that was annoying. I didn’t lose a single pound. I didn’t have some realization that I didn’t want alcohol ever again.
- Multiple. Multiple people have said the phrase to me “it’s snake season”…. like what? I used to work with this CPA and he said every day he goes home and posts up with a gun and shoots the copperheads in his back grass. Ever since then I am a little panicked when I walk the dog (in the middle of town) like where are you rattle snake trying to get at me?
- Gratitude turns what you have into enough. I am so thankful to be back in a better place. I am better mentally and physically that I have been in months. It’s so nice to have a night to myself and not be crying in the bathtub or looking at the clock at 6 am having been awake all night. My anxiety is still high but I am more grateful and more at peace with circumstances.
Y’all wish me luck. I am working to finish everything in my school before I leave for California next week. We are getting away for a few days and then when I come home I test for my special ed certification. Let’s pray I pass so I can go on and sign this teaching contract and life will be all good.
Last Friday W sent me this song.. y’all I was a mess. He is precious